University of Montenegro,
Attendance: 1978 to 1984
Degree: Bachelor of Science (econ.) (Honours)
University of Belgrade,
Attendance: 1986 to 1990
Degree: M.Sc. (econ.) Thesis: "Information technology and its impact on international trade"
Canterbury, New Zealand
Attendance: 1998 to 2003
Degree: Master of Commerce and Management (MCM): "An economic analysis of parallel import protection in the New Zealand software market"
University of Belgrade,
Attendance: 1998 to 2003
Degree: Doctor of Science: "IT Enabled Strategic Technological Management of SME’s"
• Completed Tertiary Teaching Colloquium at Charles Sturt University as a part of requirements for Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching
• Completed a Three-Weeks Business Skills Course, Christchurch Small Business Enterprise Centre, Christchurch, 17.02.1995.
• Completed a Five-Weeks American Project Management Skills Course, Belgrade, Ex-Yugoslavia, Institute of Economic Research, May, 1991.
1999 - present Lecturer in Economics, Finance and Information Economics
Charles Sturt University, Faculty of Commerce, School of Marketing and Management, Bathurst, NSW, Australia
Associate Senior Research Officer, at the Western Research Institute Ltd;
1998 -1999 Lecturer in Economics and
Business and Information Systems Analyst and Adviser to the LincWorks Registrar, Lincoln University
1995 - 1998 Assistant Lecturer and Graduate Research Assistant at Lincoln University, Economics and Marketing Department, Lincoln
1994-1995 Research Economist,
at Lincoln University, Economics and Marketing Department
1992-1993 Research Assistant
at University of Gothenburg, Handelshagskolan i Geteborg, Sweden
1990-1992 Assistant Lecturer
at University of Belgrade, Faculty of Economics. Belgrade
- Lecturer, subject coordinator and moderator of economics and financial subjects offered by Charles Sturt University at:
- HELP, University College, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia,
- IRI Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Hong Kong, Singapore, the UK, Cambodia, and Chine.
- Visiting Professor in Economics, Finance, International Business and Information Economics at:
• Joanneum University, Graz, Austria,
• ESSEC Paris, France,
• University of Rijeka, Faculty of Economics and Tourism, Pula, Croatia,
• University of Maribor, Faculty of Economics, Maribor, Slovenia,
• European Business Academy, Maribor, Slovenia,
• University of Montenegro Faculty of Economics, Podgorica, Montenegro.
- Member of the Experts Panel for the EU Framework 7, Marie Curie Programme for the Initial
Training Networks (ITNs) activity evaluation, Economic, Social and Human Sciences (ECO-SOC), DG Research, Brussels.
- Member of the Experts Panel for the Tertiary Education Accreditation for Economics and Finance, Republic of Slovenia, Ministry of Tertiary Education, Science and Technology, 2008.
- Member of Editorial Board of International Journals:
‘Economics Research’ Faculty of Economics and Tourism Pula, Croatia,
‘Managing Global Transitions’ ISSN 1581-6311, and
‘Management’ Faculty of Management, University Primorska, Koper, Slovenia.
- Advisory Board Member (Economics) of Scientific Journals International, ISSN 1556-6757.
- Reviewer for the Zagreb International Review of Economics and Business, Zagreb, Croatia.
- Reviewer for the International Academy of Business and Economics (IABE) International Conference , Las Vegas, 2008.
- Invited Keynote Guest Speaker at SimOrg IX International Symposium “Management – Key Factors of Successes, Zlatibor, SCG, 6.6.-10.6.2004.
- Invited Guest Speaker to the Post Graduate Programme on SMEs, at Faculty of Organisational Science, University of Belgrade 25.02.2004.
- Invited Guest Speaker at Faculty of Organisational Science, University of Belgrade, Working Presentation Series 19.04.2004.
- Invited Guest Speaker at "Global Perspectives on School Leadership" Summer School, Uppsala University, Sweden, 21-26. July 1996.
- Member of the Organising Committee and Reviewer for the 3rd International Conference ‘Entrepreneurship and Macroeconomic Management’ April 28 - 30, 2005 Pula, Croatia
- Member of the Organising Committee and Reviewer for the SimOrg, IX International Symposium “Management – Key Factors of Successes, Zlatibor, SCG 6.6.-10.06.2004.
- Programme Manager for International Cooperation with Universities in Belgrade, Austria, Montenegro, Slovenia, and Croatia (The Balkan Initiative).
- Charles Sturt University Liaison Officer for the Forum for European-Australian Science and Technology Cooperation - France (FEAST – France).
- Member of the Faculty of Business Higher Degree Examination Committee.
- External Examiner of professional doctorate theses.
- DBA and PhD degrees Supervisor and an Associate Supervisor.
- Honours thesis external Supervisor for the Faculty of Economics and Tourism Pula, Croatia.
Publications, Projects, and Other Works
- Skoko, H., (2008) Supplementary Material Test Bank for Macroeconomics, by Bernanke, B., et al, MacGraw-Hill, Sydney, 2nd edition.
- Skoko, H., and Ceric, A. (2008) Theory and applications of the systemic approach, Zaduzbina Andrejevic, Belgrade (in press).
- Skoko, H. and Skare, M., (2008) Microeconomics, Principles, FET Pula and Mikrorad, Zagreb, Croatia. (in press).
- Skare, M., and Skoko, H. (2007) Beyond the Ordinal Welfare Economics, FET Pula and Mikrorad, Zagreb, Croatia. ISBN: 978-953-7498-01-6
- Skoko, H. (2006) Information or Quantum Economics: Essays, Zaduzbina Andrejevic, Belgrade, ISSN 1450-801X134; ISBN:86-7244-597-X.
- Skoko, H. (2005) Theory of Parallel Import and its Protection, Zaduzbina Andrejevic, Belgrade, ISSN 1450-801X;123; ISBN 86-7244-485-X.
- Skoko, H. (2004), ICT Adoption Models in Australian and Yugoslav SMEs, (Modeli Usvajanja ICT u Australijskim i Jugoslovenskim MSP), Zaduzbina Andrejevic, Belgrade, 2004, ISSN 1450-801X; 90 ; ISBN 86-7244-416-7.
• Refereed journal papers:
- Skoko, H., Ceric, A. and Chun-yan, H. (2008) ICT adoption models in Chinese SMEs. Forthcoming in International Journal of Business Research (IJBR) ISSN: 1555-1296.
- Skoko, H., Skoko, B-K, Skare, M. And Ceric, A. (2006), ICT Adoption Models of Australian and Croatian SMEs, Managing Global Transitions. Volume 4 • Number 1 • Spring 2006, pp. 25-40 • ISSN 1581-6311
- Ceric, A. Skare, M., and Skoko, H. (2006) Dynamics of “Invisible Hand” and Information Economics, Ekonomska istraživanja, (Economic Research) Vol. 19 No. 1, pp. 17-22. UDK: 338, ISSN: 1331-677X.
- Walker, G. and Skoko, H. (2005) Macro Policy and its Implications for SME Development: The Australian Experience Zagreb International Review of Economics and Business (ZIREB), Vol. VIII No. 1 May 2005, pp 35-54. Zagreb, Croatia. ISSN 1331-5609
- Skoko, H. and Skoko, B.K. (2004) Quant Mechanics as the Source of Information Economics, InfoM, 10/2004. pp. 4-8. ISSN 1451-4397 UDC 659.25.
- Williams E. L. and Skoko. H. (1996) "Advertising Education: An Analysis" International Studies in Educational Administration, 1996, 24:2 pp. 53-62.
• Other journal articles: :
- Skoko, H. (1992) Strategies of Technological Competitiveness, Politika Razvoja, 05-06/1992.pp: 34-38 (Development Policy), Belgrade.
- Skoko, H. (1991) The Issues of Modern Management, Ekonomska Politika, 22/04/91, p:33. (Economic Policy), Belgrade.
- Skoko, H. (1991) Scope and Structure of the R&D Costs, Politika Razvoja, 09/1991. pp. 27-30, (Development Policy), Belgrade.
- Skoko, H. (1992) Modern Principles of the Theory of Trade Policy, Politika Razvoja, 03-04/92. Pp. 42-46, (Development Policy) Belgrade.
• Working papers:
- Skoko, H. and Williams E. L. (1996) "A Content Analysis of Educational Advertising in Canterbury" A Discussion paper, No. 18. April 1996, Economics and Marketing Department, Lincoln University, Canterbury.
- Skoko, H. (1991) The side-track of "Third Way-Acceleration of History", (1991), A discussion paper presented to Round-Table "Social-Economic Change in the World and Yugoslav Position" held on 28/06/1991.at Faculty of Economic, University of Belgrade, Belgrade.
• Papers published in refereed conference proceedings:
-Skoko, H., Ceric, A. and Chun-yan, H. (2008) ICT adoption models in Chinese SMEs. International Academy of Business and Economics (IABE) International Conference, Las Vegas, 2008.
-Skoko, H., Ceric, A. and Tien, D. (2007) Empirical evaluation of ICT adoption in Australian SMEs. 4th International Conference on Information Technology & Applications (ICITA) Harbin, Chine, 15-18. January 2007.
-Skoko, H. Ceric, A. and Buerki, L. (2006) Empirical evaluation of ICT adoption in Australian SMEs: Systemic approach, Global Conference on Emergent Business Phenomena in the Digital Economy ICEB + eBRF 2006 November 28 - December 2 Tampere, Finland. ISSN 1796-6434, ISBN 952-15-1680-1 (TUT) 951-44-6785-X (UTA);
-Skoko, H. (2006) Parallel imports: Theory and Practice, UTCC International Conference in Business 2006: Revolution for the New Era Competition, Hosted by University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce (UTCC) December 7-8, 2006 Shangri-la Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Skoko, H. and Skoko-Krivokapic, B. (2005) Theory and Practice of Parallel Imports: An Essay. Managing the Process of Globalisation in New and Upcoming EU Members, 6th International Conference of the Faculty of Management Koper, University of Primorska, 24–26 November 2005, Portorož, Slovenia
- Skoko, H. and Skoko-Krivokapic, B. (2005) ICT Adoption Policy of Australian SMEs Enterprises, Contemporary Tendencies and Policies in Structural Changes in the Economy, International Conference in Ohrid, Macedonia, 17-18 November 2005. ISBN 9989-113-64-5.
- Walker, G. and Skoko, H. (2005), Macro Policy and its Implications for SME Development, 3rd International Conference Entrepreneurship and Macroeconomic Management, April 28 - 30, 2005, Pula, Croatia. ISBN 953-7144-00-3
- Škare, M. and Skoko, H. (2005), Design and Implementation of Local Development Strategies in Central, East and South-East Europe – The Case of Istrian County, 3rd International Conference Entrepreneurship and Macroeconomic Management, April 28 - 30, 2005, Pula, Croatia. ISBN 953-7144-01-1.
- Skoko, H., Skoko, B-K, Skare, M. And Ceric, A. (2004), ICT Adoption Policy of Australian and Croatian SMEs, 5th International Conference of the Faculty of Management Koper, Slovenia. 18–20 November 2004. ISBN 961-6486-71-3.
- Skoko, H. and B. K-Skoko (2004) Quant Mechanics as a Source of Information Economics, SimOrg, IX International Symposium “Management – Key Factors of Successes, Zlatibor, 06.06.-10.06. 2004. Invited Guest Speaker Presentation.
- B. K-Skoko and Skoko, H (2004) ICT adoption policy of Australian and Yugoslav SMEs, SimOrg, IX International Symposium “Management – Key Factors of Successes, Zlatibor, 06.06.-10.06. 2004
- Skoko, H., M.J-Levi, M. Jovanovic, and B. Krivokapic (2002) ‘Information Economics Research’ Paper presented and published (ISBN: 1-86467-114-9) in the ICITA 2002 Conference Proceedings held in Bathurst 25-28 November 2002.
- Skoko, H. and Mica Jovanovic (2001) “Foundations of Information Economics and the Network Societies” International Symposium of Economics of E-Commerce and Networking Decisions, 6-7 July 2001 Monash University Caulfield, Melbourne.
- Skoko, H. and Skoko-Krivokapic, B. (1995): "Cross-cultural Training for Extension Workers". Proceedings of International Conference on "Global Business in Transition, Prospects for the Twenty First Century", Hong Kong, (14-16 December 1995).
• Other conference presentations
- PK Basu and Skoko, H. (2002) ‘Globalisation – Capital Labour Imbalance’ Paper presented to the 15th Australasian Finance and Banking Conference 2002, 16-18 December 2002 Sydney Australia.
- Skoko, H. and Jovanovic, M. (2001) “Research Departing Point for Information Economics and the Network Societies” Paper presented at the International Symposium of Economics of E-Commerce and Networking Decisions, 6-7 July 2001 Monash University Caulfield, Melbourne.
- Skoko, H. and Jovanovic, M. (2001) “Globalisation or Global Regionalisation” Paper presented at the International Conference on Globalisation and Its Challenges, The University of Sydney, Sydney 12-14.12.2001.
- Murphy, T. Oczkowski, E., West, G., Skoko, H. and Brooks, M. (2001) Tourism Advertising Expenditure in Broken Hill, Paper presented at the Australian Economists Meeting, Hobart, Tasmania, 10-12 August, 2001.
- Murphy, T., Oczkowski, E., Skoko, H. and West, G. (2001)“Tourism Advertising Expenditure Impacts on the Broken Hill Economy” Proceedings of the 17th Pacific Conference Regional Science Association International , Oregon, Portland, USA, June 30 – July 4, 2001.
- Skoko, H. (1997) "An economic analysis of the parallel import protection in the New Zealand software market" As a nominated speaker at the Lincoln University Postgraduate Conference, Lincoln, July 1997.
- Skoko, H. (1996) "Cross-cultural dimensions and its impact to the leadership practices and development in some of the Pacific Rim countries". (1996). Presentation delivered at 32-Annual Meeting of Missouri Valley Economic Association, Memphis, 7-9 March 1996.
- Skoko, H. (1996) and Williams, E. L., "Attracting Students and Funding through Marketing: New Zealand Education" (1996). Presentation delivered at "Global Perspectives on School Leadership" Summer Institute, Uppsala University, Sweden, 21-26. July 1996.
- Skoko, H. (2004) Distance learning – studij buducnosti, Istra Danas, 6/2004, Vol. 07, p. 11. Istra Croatia.
- Skoko, H. (2003) MSP i njihov znacaj za razvoj ekonomije, Diaspora, Jan – March 2003, p. 13. Podgorica, Montenegro.
- Skoko, H. (2002) Charles Sturt University, Montenegrin Ethnic Association of Australia. Available online at: Montenegro.org.au/Hazbo.html
- Skoko, H. (2001) An essay on Globalisation and Regionalism published in the Western Advocate Bathurst, 01.07.2001.
• Invited reviews:
Eiteman, et al (2007) International Financial Management, Addison Wesley, Sydney Australia.
D. McTaggart, et al (2005) Microeconomics, Addison Wesley, Sydney Australia.
I. Moosa (2005) International Finance, McGraw Hill, Sydney, Australia.
B. Jevtic (1991) Third Alternative, IBIS, 1991, Belgrade.
- Designed, developed and delivered (distance and offshore) the new Masters of Electronic Commerce Course subject ECO520 Information Economics and Globalisation.
- Designed, developed and delivered (distance and offshore) the new Masters of Economics Course subject Advanced Microeconomics.
- Written International Finance International Financial Management, Investments, Information Economics and Globalisation subjects online materials.
- Other written, and/or revised and delivered subjects include:
ECO110 - Microeconomics
ECO200 – Microeconomic Analysis,
ECO210 – Labour Economics,
ECO320 – International Economics,
ECO510 - International Economics and Finance for Marketing,
ECO516 – Public Service Managerial Economics,
FIN340 - International Finance,
FIN518 – International Financial Management,
FIN542 – Industrial Chain Research.
FIN545 - Banking Research: Business Services.
- Supervising writings, adapting and delivering Commonwealth Bank Australia – Business Banking Research Course subjects: FIN540, FIN542, FIN544, FIN545, FIN546, FIN547 and FIN548.
• Currently supervising 4 (four) doctoral students
• Projects and other consultancy works:
• ORANA Region Skills Audit, 14 Volumes (LGAs) Commissioned by ODEC, August 2001 – Project Leader
• Central West Division of General Practice Consumer Survey Commissioned by the NSW Central West Division of General Practice. February 2000. - Project Leader
• Mt Panorama Impact Analysis, Commissioned by the Bathurst City Council, May 2000 – Project Team Member
• Economic Impact Assessment of Sealing the Menindee/Pooncarie Road Commissioned by the Far Western Regional Development Board. Feb 2000 - Project Leader
• The Bathurst Economy prepared for Bathurst City Council, October 1999. – Project Team Member
• Economic Impact Assessment of Increased Advertising/Promotion of Tourism in the Far Western Region of NSW Commissioned by the Far Western Regional Development Board, October 1999. – Project Team Member
• Enhancing Competition in the Petroleum Industry – The Role of Co-Operatives Commissioned by the Department of Fair Trading, November 1999. – Project Team Member
- 2004 CSU - Faculty of Commerce: Asia-Pacific Research Grant - $5,000.
- 2004 CSU – Visiting Professorship Scheme on behalf of Prof Soumitra Sharma - $5,000.
- 2004 The French Government’s Grant - to visit ESSEC Paris and to establish a research project team in regard of ICT adoption models of SMEs in France. $3,000